Thursday, June 30, 2011

Face the Music





It was my great pleasure a couple of weeks ago to take part in a benefit here in Nashville at the Red Rooster for the tornado victims of Hacklesburg, Alabama. The event was aptly named "Face The Music" because Bob Schieffer, the host of CBS's Face The Nation who also moonlights as a country songwriter, was one of the hosts, and guest of honor, of the event. I was thrilled to get to sit in along with some other girlfriends on background vocals while he sang his song "TV Anchorman". It was great to spend a little time with him and his lovely wife as well. I was also honored to get to sing with my dad, Bobby Braddock, on his song D-I-V-O-R-C-E and to do the "oohs and ahhhs" with him while he performed "He Stopped Loving Her Today". (both cowrites with Curly Putman) Very proud of my daddy (who recently got inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame!) and thank him for letting me tag along :) Here are a few pics from the event. There were a lot of talented people there that night that I enjoyed hearing and getting to know. I love my hometown! Thank you Kat Speers for the great pics and Rebecca McCabe/Tamy McDonald for your talents/work in putting it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment