Thursday, April 29, 2010

Jackson Polyp returns


This has been a very stressful week, all because I found out that I'd have to have another gynecological procedure. Because of my paranoia/hypochondria since my crazy birth complication, I requested an ultrasound at my recent annual at the ob/gyn to make sure that my ovaries were okay. Well, my ovaries are just fine, but I had a freakin' polyp in my uterus. I wrote in my book about having one before that had to be removed before I could go through IVF a few years ago. I can't believe that I had another one, I guess some people are more prone to them. The doctor told me that they are "almost always benign" but it was the "almost" part that had me in a tizzy all week. I think I can speak for us mama's to say we feel the overwhelming need to stay on this planet/be well for our babies! Anyway, I found out that there was only like a .5% chance that it could be something bad, great odds, but still ....
So yesterday I had to go to the ambulatory out patient center for the procedure. Little Man was thankfully occupied by my dad and our famiy friend Kathy at the zoo. But when I walked into the clinic with Jim I was so nervous. All the IVF treatments and pregnancy complications came flooding back. And it freaks me out to go under anyway. But, it is a wonderful feeling to wake up knowing the whole thing is OVER with, you survived and the milk-of-amnesia has done it's job! (The nurse anesthesist was introduced to me as my "bartender'-ha! She was my friend!)
I didn't even want to post about any of this until the whole thing was over with and the abstract expressionist art that had chosen my womb as it's host gallery was the hell out. Well it is now AND my doc called tonight with the good news that it is just fine and totally benign! Hot dog and hallelujah, now I can stop being nervous and enjoy my weekend!!!

3 comments:

yonca said...

I can imagine how stressful week you had.I'm so happy to hear everything is ok Lauren. Enjoy your weekend!

Liz Mays said...

That's absolutely wonderful news! Breathe easy and definitely enjoy the weekend!

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

Whew - that's a relief. I'm glad you're okay and they put your fears to rest.

Post a Comment