Monday, September 14, 2009

Letterman, a song nomination and a proud daughter (or Dave's Rave)

If a girl can't brag about her daddy then who can? My dad, songwriter Bobby Braddock, just got a 2009 CMA "song of the year" nomination (his 6th) for a song he co-wrote with Troy Jones, People Are Crazy, recorded by Billy Currington.
David Letterman just gave it the most amazing review you could ever ask for. Like, I was sitting at home with my jaw dropped when I heard what all he said about it! To read more, click here ...
http://www.billycurrington.com/news_d.aspx?nid=4799&cmnt=1
But, dudes ... here you can check out Dave actually talking about the song, I was truly blown away!!!
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid9141634001?bctid=34693572001
Kudos to my Paw, Troy Jones, Billy Currington and thanks to Dave for having impeccable taste ;)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, thanks for following my blog. Very impressive post. Congrats to ur dad! I actually just heard the song..wow!!!

mudmama said...

Hi Areeba, thanks for visiting and for the nice words!

Rocky Mountain Memoirs said...

That is really exciting!!

Unknown said...

Way cool! You must be extremely proud of your talented dad!

Lisa @
All That and a Box of Rocks

Betsy Thorpe said...

Lauren your Dad helped write a great anthem for all those crazy beer drinkers out there who earnestly believe God is indeed great.

I am looking forward to hearing more songs written by the legendary Bobby Braddock.

Unknown said...

I love that song! You must be so proud of your dad. Thank you for stopping by my blog, I am following you now.

MrsAshley said...

Lovely blog, I'm now following! Wow, that's so cool about your dad. I heard what Letterman said about the song before, so fun. Have a great day!

Ashley
http://Beauty4Moms.blogspot.com

Book Lover said...

You must be so proud of your father!

HautePinkCloset said...

That is awesome, you must be beaming with pride for your dad!

Post a Comment